Motor Vehicle Dealer Law & Relations
Removing obstabcles so you can make money
Any business depends on its partners to succeed. If you use dealers or are a dealer yourself, you know the importance of that relationship. The Motor Vehicle Dealer group of Waits, Brownlee & Hoop represents both dealers and manufacturers in this all important relationship to market and sell your product. Our nationwide experience can help your business negotiate and tailor agreements specific to your industry and needs.
After the contract is signed you need to monitor compliance and performance to insure your investment is protected. In every state there are laws that impact the relationship between a Motor Vehicle Manufacturer and Motor Vehicle Dealer and your business requires knowledge and understanding of those laws. You can count on Waits, Brownlee & Hoop for the advice and counsel you need to navigate through the variety of landscapes your business will encounter.
Circumstances and environments change and so will your relationships with partners. When its time to enforce an agreement or end the relationship Waits, Brownlee & Hoop will guide you and your business through the process, protecting your rights and the agreements that you have made.
The Motor Vehicle Dealer group has represented manufacturers and dealers in disputes ranging from contract compliance to terminations. From hearings in front of state agencies, to state and federal court, Waits, Brownlee & Hoop is there to protect your business and interest in dealings with partners.
The Motor Vehicle Dealer practice group attorneys are ready to assist you and your business in creating successful partnerships, enforcing those agreements and where necessary navigating through the requirements for termination.
- Prepared and modified dealer agreements for a wide variety of vehicle manufacturers in nearly all 50 states.
- Guided manufacturers through voluntary terminations of dealers.
- Prosecuted involuntary dealer terminations from Virginia to California and Texas to Canada.
- Enforcing Trademarks against competing dealers.
- Sued dealer in a foreign nation in Federal court for payment for products at termination of the dealer relationship.
- Represented dealer in negotiations with national manufacturer.