Business & Professional Licensing
Wise counsel at the moment you need it
Let Waits & Brownlee get the regulatory and licensing requirements handled so you can go about making money. Every business must address the issue of proper licenses for each State and jurisdiction in which you intend to do business. Our firm has extensive experience in getting and maintaining proper licenses and permits for manufacturers of all types including motor vehicles manufacturers and construction materials manufacturers. Both criminal and civil laws apply to licensure and permitting issues for regulated industries.
We provide the following business services related to business licensing and permits:
- Advise clients on the requirements of the application process and compliance with manufacturer, contractor, or retailer licensing statutes and regulations in all states.
- Represent and defend clients in connection with complaints made to and charges filed by the State regulatory authorities.
- Handle issues in civil litigation relating to the absence of proper permits and its impact upon contract disputes.
- Counsel clients on license compliance
- Advise clients on franchise law compliance, including franchise registration and state and federal disclosure requirements and monitoring of legislative and judicial developments.
- Representation of complex litigation matters, including franchise termination and post-termination obligations;
- Representation in regulatory actions;
- Enforcement of franchisee contract requirements, including maintenance of quality standards, reporting duties, and restrictive covenants;
At Waits & Brownlee, our business and corporate lawyers help business owners and management find creative answers quickly.