Real Estate Transactions
Building your future on solid ground
The Real Estate practice group at WBBHJ has represented sellers, buyers and owners in sale, acquisition and refinancing of apartment complexes, retail centers, stand alone buildings, residential building sites, commercial building sites and church building facilities totaling tens of millions of dollars. Our Real Estate attorneys have successfully defended multiple premise liability law suits each year for the last 20 years. We do not accept that the customary or traditional way of defending a lawsuit or structuring a deal is always the best. Our attorneys are creative, aggressive and passionate about their clients’ real estate interests and are willing to not only fight to win but also fight to keep your legal expenses at a reasonable level.
It is important that a successful real estate transaction start out with carefully prepared documents that reflect the intention of our client and secure our client’s interests. The acquisition and real estate contract experts of our Real Estate group protect the concerns of our clients through aggressive negotiations, precise contract provisions, careful analysis focusing on avoiding risk for our client and above all constant and thorough communication. Our firm is routinely sought out to guide individuals and entities through complex and multimillion dollar transactions that have resulted in successful and mutually beneficial transactions.
Every real estate client wants to avoid finding themselves in litigation related to their property. However, our clients that do find themselves in the midst of a dispute can confidently rely on our litigation experts. The litigation attorneys in our Real Estate group have successfully defended and prosecuted multiple law suits related to real estate contract disputes, tax exempt disputes for not for profit entities, secured investment transactions, foreclosures, clear title conflicts, suits for partition, insurance claims, loan collection and contract enforcement, owner’s rights, borrower’s rights, and lender’s rights. Our attorneys’ litigation skills and passion for winning allows our clients to achieve extraordinary results.
The Real Estate practice group attorneys are experts in complex real estate transactions and will aggressively and passionately protect our clients’ rights and interests in any real estate transaction.
- Represented a national manufacturing company and formulated and executed a transaction which saved our client the use of about $250,000.00 for 3 ½ years. Creatively defeased existing IRB financing using U.S. Treasury strips. Structured, negotiated, and closed deal within 60 days.
- Prosecuted defective residential and commercial construction cases including a commercial case in which we had nine days of arbitration hearings including more than 10 expert witnesses.
- Prosecuted well over one thousand eviction cases.
- Formed corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures for real estate investment and management.
- Created solutions to title problems to facilitate closing real estate transactions.
- Represented our client