Intellectual Property U.S. & INT'L
Protecting your Ideas
At Waits, Brownlee & Hoop, we understand that company and brand names are more than just words. These valuable assets project your company’s image, prompt interest and bring in sales. Your intellectual property can boost your top line. Our team of IP attorneys works diligently and creatively to protect what is yours and ensure that your place in the market is established for the world to see.
Why Waits, Brownlee & Hoop? Our team of attorneys approaches IP practice with a litigator’s mindset, using proactive and innovative tactics to ensure your maximum protection. From individuals and non-profit groups to large corporations, Waits, Brownlee & Hoop will develop a strategy that accommodates your goals and IP needs.
Waits, Brownlee & Hoop has extensive experience handling a multitude of intellectual properties including trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets and trade dress, and domain names. From the earlier stages of development, initial availability searches, and application process through registration, maintenance, and infringement protection, Waits, Brownlee & Hoop has you covered. We are affiliated with licensed patent lawyers with the technical background to guide you through the patent development and application process. Waits, Brownlee & Hoop will then ensure proper maintenance of your patent rights once issued and aggressively pursue any attempts on infringement.
In today’s global economy, it is essential to be proactive in protecting your assets. We work closely with our international colleagues in order to ensure your needs are meet in all jurisdictions, including Canada, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Benelux and the EU. (Include map graphic from Tim’s presentation)
- Prosecuted Federal trademark and copyright infringement actions, including a jury trial winning over the top verdicts on trademark and copyright infringement, including awards of statutory damages upon findings of intentional counterfeit trademark infringement and intentional copyright infringement.
- Sued trade dress infringer in Federal Court resulting in settlement that prevented new product from entering the market, as well as distinguishing changes to the design and payment of damages.
- Achieved registration of trademark by overcoming initial refusal by Trademark Office Examiner based on out-dated registration of American car manufacturer
- Successfully blocked registration of infringing mark in South Korea through formal Opposition proceedings.
- Filed and prosecuted scores of trademark registrations.
- Litigated trademark Oppositions to favorable outcomes.